Monday, March 14, 2011

Love at first sight

I have been doing a lot of thinking lately, which is translation for, I am bored with my job. On one such jobless rambling, my mind revisited the numerous exam halls where I once sat with a tensed mind, many a times. I still remember how I used to rush through spilling out all that I had tried to cram into my head, onto the paper. All the while, my mind used to keep chanting "It'll be over..It'll be over soon" - I know what you are thinking, yes, I was never the one that concentrated on one thing. My hand, meanwhile, used to freeze mid air, if my mind stopped the magic chant, so, I used to let it murmur in the background.

After I finished the ordeal of putting to paper what I had learnt(?), there was this torture of revising answers. I hated it, but you know girls. We always have a love-hate relationship with almost every thing under the sun(even with the sun, apparently - "Oh what a lovely, sunny day!"..."Yuck, I hate sunny days, what a horrible tan!"). I used to quickly glance through all my carefully crafted sentences, which were camouflaged with terms taken off the question, to pass off as answers. I would hopefully look at my watch. The traitor usually threw it in my face that I had about 5 more minutes to spare.

I then had to yield to my conscience's nagging and "check" my answers again. That was where fate played its favourite game. My mind, needless to say, was an ally of fate. What had seemed the only thing that could pass off under the examiner's careful eye, was now portrayed as a bonafide declaration of my stupidity, by my mind. Poor me, I always took the bait. I changed the answer to some seemingly plausible nonsense.

Yes, you guessed it. My first answer was almost always correct. At other times, it would have atleast not invited the comment "Meet me" scrawled across my paper or worse, the teacher taking me aside and talking to me as if I was going through a serious mental crisis.

It is the same with most things in my life. The dress I choose, the dish I order, the bus I take...Second opinions don't seem to work for me. So, if somebody asks me whether I endorse love at first sight, I say, why not? The probability of not going wrong seems to be more :)

6 comments:

Nirmal said...

you really rock !!

Soundarya said...

thanx bro :)

Kimimi said...

Good one de!!! It happens to most of us. But, I don't believe in love at first sight. ;)

Soundarya said...

@Vaans: thanx ma'am :)

Subhatra said...

I donno about love, but the first choice that your heart makes is almost always the best. Works for me too :)

Soundarya said...

yey..looks like der are takers for my new hypothesis :P thanks Subhatra.