Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Ticking away….

The clock ticks by…
Hours and minutes fly…!
I grope around to find
The desire in my mind-
That which I wish,
Would, one day manifest,
Filling the huge vacuum
Which now causes much unrest!
Should I be a minister?
Or maybe a CEO?
Am I to be a writer?
Or shall I play a cello?
Ask your heart they say…
Great man were led by it…
No use, anyway…
It can’t speak, now, can it…?
Well what is my passion…
Something I enjoy…
For which occupation
Do I unhesitatingly employ
My intelligence, brilliance
Diligence and any other sense?
(Now my friends may opine
about the intelligence of mine.
I will not contest it, deny or moan…
Some matters are better left alone!)
Well, that is a good question
For I have not an answer
But a list of “I love to-“ as in
I love to be Harry Potter
Or maybe I should have been his creator…
Sometimes, a news reporter…
Hmmm…. Maybe later,
I would love to dance,
Or do penance.
Save the world one day…
Or be the damsel in distress…
One hop here and one hop there…
Wanting to be everywhere!
“The mind is a monkey”
That is the common perception
But mine is an exception
“Like the maker of honey”
Yes, the bee- that is how I am.
My journey ends not in one flower
But my final abode is not the hive
Fun, frolic, thrill and adventure
Every moment-that is how I live
Every wish is an opportunity
To unravel a new ability
No time to ponder or speculate
Argue, reason out or validate
Come what may, I shall try
My spirits shall always soar high
Because-
The clock ticks by…
Hours and minutes fly…!

2 comments:

Madhusoodhanan said...

Awesome...!! Expecting more such works from you in the coming days..
Keep up the good work..!!
All the best..!!

Anonymous said...

Simply Superb...