Thursday, June 23, 2011

"Spell"ing mistake

The other day, I tried to cook. That is what I always do - try. I was lazy as usual and my wallet was dried up, which meant I could not order home delivery or fill petrol and drive to a hotel. Why could I not walk to a nearby shop and buy noodles? Good question. Refer to sentence number 2 in this paragraph - "I was lazy as usual".

Small flashback: A few days ago, as part of my mission to bleed my wallet dry, I had decided to "invest" in what looked like a short cut to cooking side dishes - Maggi Bhuna Masala. I read the wordings on the pack and decided that this was the ultimate solution to all my cooking problems.(I am one of those girls who will fall off the radar of elderly couples looking for prospective brides for their sons or nephews. I prefer eating to cooking. I appreciate the effort taken by the cook. I don't like to take the effort myself.) Side dishes? Jujubee...!!!

(Now, we are back to "The other day")

After a lot of excercise to the cauliflower like thing in my head that is commonly referred to as the brain, the poor thing decided that it could take no more. So it said - "Take the idea and enjoy! Jee boom bah! Remember Maggi Bhuna Masala!"

I was excited. I jumped up and took the pack out of the fridge. The pack said that I just needed that masala and some vegetables. I checked the fridge again. Tomatos. I checked above the fridge. Onions. Hmm. That is enough, I thought. I got busy. I cut the "vegetables" and attempted to do whatever the instructions asked me to do. I added a generous helping of Bhuna Masala(more than the quantity specified in the instructions). Finally after a lot of mixing and smoke, I got a feeling of job satisfaction. I turned off the gas and decided to taste my preparation with dosai. Yes, dosai.

Uhm..I am not going to say how it felt to eat it. I can just tell you that it made me rush to the Masala pack to check what on earth it contained. There it was. In a corner. It said the pack was equivalent to 250 grams of onions and tomatoes. #facepalm

Whenever mom cooks, it is as if she says "Abracadabra!" and the food becomes yummy. When I cook, I think I pronounce it wrong. Maybe I say "Avada Kedavra!" and the taste dies.

9 comments:

bala said...

:) #facepalm

Soundarya said...

#kthxbye :P

Janani said...

"It said the pack was equivalent to 250 grams of onions and tomatoes. " LOL :D .. nee sema aal di athula irukartha vetchu athaye tirumba samachrukiye :p

Subhatra said...

Ha ha.. hope the spell doesn't work on the people who eat ur dishes de :P

Soundarya said...

@Janani: Ya ya. Dat moment, inexplicable de, wat I felt. :)
@Subhatra: Experimentation only on me, don worry :)

Preethi said...

ha ha.. bhuna masala with bhuna masala! maybe we can market this as a new masala ;)

Soundarya said...

@Preethi: Now, that is an idea! I can sue Maggi Bhuna Masala for no reason too. (This is in reference to the currently hot topic on twitter)

bala said...

Soya's masala ...richer with tomato nd onnion

Soundarya said...

@bala: Richest, I think :)