Thursday, June 2, 2011

"Train" of thought

We barge into a psychiatric treatment session. We know its rude, but then, we are rude. We are polite in a way - we don't get in when the doctor mentions a number in the proximity of the patient's age during hypnosis - she is a woman. Now, we don't know her exact age. That is enough.

"...You are now 10 years old...what do you remember?"

(Yes, the doctor looks like Nasser in Anniyan)

"Meena...Meena"

(kutti papa thangachi? la lee laa loo..?)

"Who is Meena?"

"That....She was the mean one"

(Yeah..meena...mean...go on...)

"My deskmate at school in 5th standard. Always crossed the line on the desk. We always had nudging wars at class. One of her two plaits used to always cross the boundary that we drew with a scale and ink pen on our desk.Bah!"

"Go on"

"That is when I decided, I will claim whatever is mine and irritate all the "mean"as in the world. That would be my mission"

"So that is why you had a screaming fight with the lady on the train?"

"Yes. It was my berth. So what if it was only 5 PM? The lower berth was mine. It was my right to lie down whenever I wanted to."

"But that lady had a reserved seat there. People generally take the berth only after 9 PM."

"So what? The berth was mine. And she was mean. I had a mission"

"How do you know she was mean?"

"Oh she confessed. I heard her talking on the phone. She said 'I mean..'..."

(Wow. So, childhood problem. hmm)

Doc breaks into a sweat. We find the exit before she wakes up.

Note: I was reminded of the desk wars at school recently, thanks to a big fight on the train in the AC compartment. It was almost as if somebody had strangled or molested the lady(now in the psychiatrist's chair in my blog post). I furtively watched the proceedings. I never went that that way while getting off the train. No, not even when the wash basin on the other end had a queue. I am paavam, so I actually had nothing to fear. You know what "I mean"? oops!

8 comments:

Subhatra said...

Ha ha.. based on a true life incident a?

Soundarya said...

@Subhatra: Ya ya. The train part happened last weekend :)Psychiatrist part - fiction nu u know le :P

Nirmal said...

Sou .. really experience making you perfect . Don't know whether your pen is lucky or it all from your mind .. may be effect of intelligent bro ;)

Soundarya said...

@Nirmal: I think its the bro effect ;) thanks :)

Preethi said...

ha ha.. good one! I've seen this happen as well, the train bit, I mean :)

Soundarya said...

@Preethi: ha ha..Its still funny, when I think abt it :) Thanks!

Suresh N said...

Nice one, reminded me of my train jrnys from chennai to my home town.

Soundarya said...

Thanks Suresh!